Many of the Revenue-approved schemes that were tax efficient means of giving an employee equity in their employer company have been abolished. However, there are still a few ways of achieving tax savings when putting a remuneration package together for both mainstream employees and attracting key hires. We can help with:
- Designing an appropriate share structure for key employees. This could include share options, direct shareholdings, restricted stock units, phantom or growth shares, SAYE schemes and profit sharing schemes. There are ways of reducing the BIK tax charge on share-based remuneration, whilst also protecting the employer if a shareholding-employee leaves the business
- Tying a tax efficient share scheme into your retirement plan
- Advising on other tax free BIKs that are available, particularly where you would like to give something back to all staff
- Minimising employer’s PRSI of 10.75% on certain benefits
- Advising on appropriate pension provision for business owners, management and staff
- Developing remuneration packages for inbound and outbound expats and advising on tax residency issues
- Developing and advising on tax efficient staff redundancy and retirement packages
How can we help you?
Contact Laura Lynch & Associates or submit a business inquiry online.
Click on the links below for information on other related topics.
Business Start Up & Expansion
Anyone who has or is in the process of setting up a business appreciates how frustrating and time consuming it can be, when all you really want to do is get started. (Learn more…)